January 23 – March 12, 2020 4:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Thursday evenings Edmonds Community College Maltby Building - 7020 196th St. SW, Lynnwood
$499 per person / $299 for ABC members (Registration includes a copy of ABC’s Emerging Contractor Manual)
The goal of the 8-week program is to provide instruction in the skills it takes to run a successful construction firm and provide an opportunity to meet others in your industry. Topics covered in the 22-sessions include:
- HR Policy and Compliance
- Job Costing/Overhead
- Cost Managing Multiple Projects Successfully
- Change Order Management Safety Training and Education
- OSHA/WISHA Code Compliance
- Blueprint Reading/ Construction Documents
- Microsoft Outlook Estimating and Bidding
- Managing Growth: Why Some Contractors Succeed and Others Fail
- Planning and Scheduling / Work Flow
- Joint-Venture Agreements Business Planning
- Computer in Construction (Microsoft Excel/Project)
- Construction Accounting and Financial Mgmt
- Business Insurance Business Taxation
- Marketing and Presenting your Business Dispute and Resolutions / Contract Provisions
- Networking with Local Agencies
- Surety Bonding Networking with Prime Contractors
Class size is limited to ensure personal attention and encourage camaraderie. You or a member of your management team must be able to attend every class. There will be graduation the last night of class and all attendees who have successfully completed the course will receive a Certificate of Completion.
After graduation, other resources will be available such as a Mentor - Protégé Program, business roundtables, construction association resources, and support to help you continue to utilize your new skills.
The course will run for four and a half hours each night with breaks and a working dinner, along with the opportunity for Q&A at the end of every session.